Wow – it’s been a while since I’ve updated this blog. I realized that when I saw that my last entry is all about XboX 2 rumors while it’s been 2 months since the XboX 360 release!
So, what’s happened in the world in the 7 months since I last wrote an entry?
1. The XboX 360 shipped! And 1.5 million people around the world have one. Ullas & I stood in line for 12 hours outside our local Bestbuy in the freezing cold to pick ours up. More on the 360 experience later…
2. Apple switched to Intel! This one didn’t impact me directly, but I think this marks a turning point in the history of computing. 10 years from now – we’ll all look back and say ‘I was there when Apple switched to Intel’ or something to that effect.
3. GOOG doubled: From ~$200 a share to $434 today! In the same period MSFT rose 8% from $25 to $27… with 4 of those percentage points coming today!!
4. Home prices in King County rose 14%: and I’m still renting 🙁
5. 3 of my undergrad classmates got married: doubling the number of married men in our batch.
6. MSN spaces added support for ads: Write a blog and get paid for it?? Wow – this rocks! I should convince a few million other people to switch to MSN spaces as well 🙂
7. Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Global warming, violence in the Middle East and other mundane incidents which will probably drive us to extinction but doesn’t directly impact me in any way…
So, that’s my narrow view of the world in 7 bullet points. If you’re reading this on a Friday, have a good weekend…